To check for updated job postings please visit UC Davis Joblink and enter Design and Construction Management in the Department search field.
Student Internship Opportunities
Design and Construction Management (DCM) has a long history of incorporating technically trained student assistants to help with programming, design, engineering analysis, sustainability documentation, utility studies and construction administration duties on active projects. These students have supported projects by enabling exploration of new design and energy use visualization strategies, testing new construction administration tools and providing research on project precedents.
This is a paid technical internship for students in design, engineering, landscape architecture, construction management and related fields. Students will work with project managers, engineers and architects on active University projects.
Currently Available Positions
Design Support Assistant
• Assist architect and project managers with space utilization review, office and lab prototyping, and conceptual zoning exercises
• Work with team to develop graphic layouts for complex information documents
• Meet with design professional and attend assessment meetings on a weekly basis
• Good graphic communication demonstrated in the applicable study area
• Strong time management and basic organizational skills
• Ability to research and explore available resources to fill in areas where knowledge is limited
Salary is commensurate on experience but is typically at the Student Assistant IV level
Work commitment is 10-12 hours/week
Typical employment period is 6-18 months
How to Apply
Submit Resume along with faculty recommendation letter to Bill Starr: email@example.com